Thursday, January 17, 2013

What's next?


I had no idea that it will take me more than two weeks to bounce back to my normal pace.  For some reason, I just could not get going this year.  Last year ended with a lot of anxiety, uncertainty, and low energy.  Most of it was because of my own fears and doubts.  I know, this may not sound like me, but everyone has their low moments.  We all go through growth spurts or stupors throughout life.  That was my moment and I have a feeling, it is not the last one.
Good news: we have doubled our sales in 2012, brought many new accounts, and worked on even more leads.  It was a great year and it went exactly as I planned and wanted it to go.   Bad news: with growth comes more responsibility and stress.  How can we grow our sales again?  Seems impossible because we already have done SO much!  Is it possible to work even harder, to be even more restless?  How can I lead, compete, innovate and stay on top of everything? If I want to bring help, how do I find people, train them, or organize my day-to-day operations to go smoothly?  All this requires nerves of steel, determination, hard work, inner energy, and optimism.  I know, my worries too shall pass, but I can’t help feeling overwhelmed with the general picture.  Of course, not to say that I was going to sit on my hands and wait for it to pass, ha!  The best way to approach any stupor is to map out a plan and get busy making it happen.  And that’s what I did, and now, I would like to share it with you.  Based on last year’s accomplishments come new needs. (You can take a peek at my personal plan here as well.  It’s pretty simple and there will be a post or two about my progress).


 My business plan for the year still needs a lot of work.  In the next few days it will be massaged into a flow chart of this type:



And then into a monthly/daily tasks chart, that will look like this:



Once the last chart is done, I usually become calmer, more productive, and less nervous about the future.  Needless to say, I cannot wait to finish it!

What do you do when you feel overwhelmed?  What tricks do you use?  I would love to hear them!  Don't be shy, you may help someone. 

Till next time,
Liana. 


Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Software

No comments:

Post a Comment