Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Recycling Program at Marmalade Hills



The only thing separating a habit from a lifestyle is a little practice. Every time I do my dishes I wash every plastic container before I put it into recycling bin. It probably takes me a bit longer to do my dishes than if I would just threw everything into the garbage can. For me just one thought of burying all that plastic into the ground makes me nauseous. Washing containers and recycling is a simple routine that may seem time consuming and hard. But after some time it turns into a lifestyle. At some point you start doing it on autopilot. Every time I put out my garbage on a curb I get terrified by how much plastic we have accumulated over one week. And we are just a small family of four people! I can skip one garbage collection but I can never skip recycling pick-up, my recycling bins are always full. So there is no turning back for me – it will always take me to do my dishes a bit longer. And don’t even get me started on how much newspapers and magazines get thrown away without ever opening them. Good thing we have paper recycling container at our school. I always have at least three full paper bags each month!
After another garbage day and two more full recycling bins I though that it would be a good idea to offer 10% discount¹ for each returned Marmalade Hills’ container and/or jar². This way Marmalade Hills will contribute to keeping our Planet clean and also save you some green! This is how it will work: when you run out of your favorite lotion, body wash, body mist, facial mask, toner, body oil or scrub rinse the container, pop it in an envelope and send it back to us. We will mail/email you 10% off coupon for anything in our store! Accumulate more than one container and get larger discount! Our containers are light and compact they will perfectly fit in a large envelope and will be cheap to ship. Or bring your clean empty bottles and jars to one of our upcoming shows and get your green credit right on the spot!

Shop responsibly and be the change you wish to see in the world!

We thank you in advance for your effort!

Truly yours,
Liana.

¹ This discount can not be combined with any other offers.

² We will not reuse old containers for new products, but we will make sure that they will get recycled and not end up on a landfill.

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checking Software

No comments:

Post a Comment